The following is a general guide what to expect and to do.
You will be requested to fill the necessary documentation that will give us more information about yourself, your medical history and dental history.
Dr Borman will consult you to evaluate if it is necessary for a full examination of your face, jaws, and teeth. We also want to listen and understand your desires and concerns about your dental care. Only then will we be able to provide you with the excellent care you deserve. The cost for this appointment will be R 600.
While we can often answer general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we can address specific areas only after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs because indepth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
If the preliminary appointment points to a need for treatment and you feel ready, a complete examination of you face, jaws and teeth is done with the aid of x-rays, photos, and impressions. The estimated cost for this appointment will be +/- R 3063 to be paid during your visit and is not included in the total cost.
As soon as your treatment plan is worked out, you will receive an email (usually about 2 weeks after your 2nd appointment) with the following.
We will answer any questions you may have. Our goal is for our patients to leave the surgery with a clear understanding of their specific needs, treatment details, cost of treatment and length of treatment.
* R 34 000 is the total cost for the orthodontic treatment alone (fixed braces). 5 % discount if total amount is paid.
* R 8 500 on day of putting braces on and R 1 417 for 18 months if interested in payment plan via a debit order instruction/credit card authority.
* Cost for two retainers R 2 900
* Costs of general dentistry (e.g. removal of teeth, fillings) before starting orthodontic treatment are excluded.
* Ceramic (“clear”) blocks on upper teeth is R 5 000. For upper and lower teeth is R 10 000. This is an extra amount to be paid on day of putting the braces on and do not fall under the payment plan.
* All the necessary cleanings to be done by our dental hygienists. Cost is +/- R 686 (this can be claimed from the medical aid). It generally takes 2 years of wearing braces to obtain the desired results.
Do take note that Dr Johan Borman is not a specialist orthodontist but a general dentist. If you are happy with our results on family and friends or want a second opinion, we are more than willing to see if we can help and improve the current situation.